Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 23

Play-Doh Perfume + Ramen and Family Mart News

 

It has been brought to the Dabbler's attention that Hasbro, in association with cosmetics company Demeter, is issuing a new scent in their line of perfumes. Demeter has puzzled me in the past with offerings including Cotton Candy and Grass. But apparently somebody at the company has the same response to certain childhood items as the Dabbler (I never claimed I was unique in my interests). You guessed it -- Eau de Play-Doh! The marketing angle on it is:

"Those fresh-from-the-can, full-of-potenial, childhood memories. Now in a convenient spray."

Personally, I don't know too many people who want to smell like Play-Doh, even if the smell of Play-Doh itself is comforting. Hurry up and get your Play-D'eau -de-toillette (I like my name for their product better than their's), to celebrate the toy's 50th anniversary, while supplies last.

Next, I wanted to add another restaurant entry as well as a small discovery in Little Tokyo (east) to my Japanese food blurb...first, the ramen joint Chabuya, on Sawtelle, is not your garden variety noodle shop. Here you can get just about the best gyoza and fresh ramen, with Kurobata pork slices, that I have had anywhere outside of Japan. It's probably no coincidence that Chabuya also has a location in Tokyo. Photo to the left is of the Los Angeles franchise.

Finally I discovered an actual 'Family Mart' on 1st Street in downtown's Little Tokyo. No bao offered, but it's a peek into the more downscale convenience store that has spawned upscale offspring Famima!! (Famima is 'Fami' from family plus 'ma' from mart; I have no idea why they thought this was a good name for the U.S. market, though I suppose it's more hip than its namesake). I suspect this particular store is a tad more run down than the average Japan based Family Mart (pictured right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home