Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 2

Disappearing Madeleine: Jell-o Pudding Pop edition

 

It occurred to me as I was looking through the freezer section at my local grocer, seeking a low-cal treat (though still craving a deep fried apple pie), that sometime -- without any protest or fanfare -- the Jell-o Pudding Pop disappeared from existence. When did this happen? Why?

Wasn't the dessert, along with spokesperson Bill Cosby, a fixture of the 80s? It was all over the place -- not just a Marathon Bar that a few loved and most ignored, but a staple that may have even overtaken in sales the inferior Fudge-sicle. The Popsicle brand even tried to bring back the dessert in 2004, but apparently it didn't take. I'll add the Jell-0 Pop to my list of disappearing Madeleines, and I'm also curious (considering NOBODY commented on my last post on the matter, not to mention my recent posts on ANY matter) what foods/toys/whatever you might remember fondly from your youth and for which you currently pine.

Just so you know, I'm not the only one thinking about these things. If you, too, miss the creamy, low calorie delight of the 'puh-deeng' (Bill Cosby-onics pronounciation) pop, then feel free to add your name to this online petition. Or start your own petition for something else. Just let me know what it is -- the Dabbler is interested!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home