Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, May 6

Acidophilus Alert!

 

Recently, a few shops on Larchmont Boulevard closed. Among these were the drab and dreary Cafe Chapeau, a diner that could have been special but didn't even rise to the standards of places like, let's say, Denny's. A neighbor of mine informed me of the closure, lamenting not the loss of the dining option, but the rumor she heard that some yogurt or ice cream store was moving in. She wondered what Larchmont needed with a dessert shop just a few doors up from 31 Flavors.

But my eyes lit up. I told her that maybe the shop would turn out to be Pinkberry, the divine West Hollywood (but Singapore feeling) yogurt outlet with the most delicious, albeit basic, plain or green tea soft serve 'yogurt that tastes like yogurt', with appropriate toppings like fresh fruit and not gummy worms offered elsewhere. The chances of this? One in a million. Well, maybe not one in a million, but probably pretty slim.

Still, every time I walked by the shuttered storefront, I searched for a sign or some sort of indication of what would be taking over the space. For several weeks, the plywood clad exterior wall remained blank, but for a handwritten request to 'post no bills'. At the sight of this, I would go into a Walter Mitty-like haze, entering a world filled with rivers of plain yogurt and raspberry flowers. A girl can dream.

Imagine my excitement, then, as I was walking down Larchmont this morning, to see the 'post no bills' sign covered with a color poster that said, "Coming Soon: Pinkberry". My prayers have been answered! This is the best addition to Larchmont since I have lived in this city. This will have a profound effect on my life, especially during the upcoming summer months. Pinkberry chose the perfect location for all sorts of reasons -- Larchmont is a heavily trafficked walk street, the shop has a distinct Asian feel and the locale is closely situated near Koreatown, there is nothing else like it available for miles around -- but I bet they didn't think of the best one...that the Dabbler lives nearby.

I couldn't be happier. On the other hand, the woman next to me a few moments later couldn't have been more upset. A longtime patron of Cafe Chapeau's, she told me she hated yogurt. Especially the kind that didn't aspire to be ice cream. She's out of luck. I am not.

Enjoy Pinkberry, folks. I know I will.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home