Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 31

The Ivy Pinkerton Files

 

Rochas Fall 2005 Collection Dresses

Every few years I come across a picture of a truly splendid item of clothing and I save it. Years later, I find the pictures tucked away in bedside table or desk drawers. I recently came across a picture of a Karl Lagerfeld dress I had saved. It was a timeless dress, odd, creative, luxurious, and not abiding to any trends of the season. It was modeled upon a trench coat, but not in a kitschy way, rather in a beautiful, sculptural way, that was ingenious and superbly flattering. It’s hard to explain. I threw the picture out finally because I have a new obsession: the Rochas Fall 2005 Collection dresses.

They do not look like any other dresses. They are light as air, but sculpted to the skin, sometimes demure, but almost gothic. The silhouettes are simple but the construction is intensely masterful. I saw one in person but did not dare try it on for fear of doing something rash, like purchasing it. Instead, I will tuck a picture away somewhere safe, like a treasure. --IP



Ed. note: once again, the Dabbler is NOT Ivy Pinkerton...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who made those dresses, Edward Scissorhands?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home