Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 18

The Ivy Pinkerton Files

 

From New York, Ivy reports:

About four years ago, I found a pair of black, wool, beautifully tailored knickers that were so sublime. But I didn’t have the guts. As I stared at myself in the mirror I feared feeling as if I were wearing a costume, impersonating an eight year old English schoolboy perhaps, for no one else in the world at that time was wearing knickers.

But now they are back, officially, from Zac Posen (pictured right) to Chloe, (pictured left) and peppering the store windows of Soho. Knickers and culottes (the knicker’s shy pants-masquerading-as-a-skirt cousin), are reemerging in their once every 17 year cycle, much like the North American cicada.

Perfect with this year’s smorgasbord of boots, knickers give welcome variation to a skirt and pants-laden wardrobe. Give these odd half-pants a chance before the window of opportunity closes once again! --IP

Clarification for those new to DoD: The Dabbler is NOT Ivy Pinkerton. Ivy is a fashion aficianado working, living and playing on Manhattan Island, USA. I bet she's sad not to be in Los Angeles for Fashion Week...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if you have short legs like me? Then don't knickers just make you look stubby and midgety? I think that Ivy must have runway model length and looks to be advocating these duds (double entendre intended). I don't want to look like a caddy or a jockey!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your concern. What you need to do, my petite friend, is get yourself some killer heels. Strap on a pair of 4 inchers (double entendre not intended) and teeter your way towards long legged fun!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about me? I have no legs. Literally. Lost'em in Tikrit. What the f*ck amd I supposed to wear?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home