Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 14

No, I don't work for Pinkberry (but I post these updates anyhow)

 

Pinkberry opened today on Larchmont, and supposedly cut into the sandwich business which was slower than usual today at Larchmont Wine, Spirits and Cheese. At 8PM PB was still bustling with customers, and its newest location really does provide the perfect cross-section of the K-Town and West Hollywood crowds, with lots of little kids thrown in to boot. The 'no cameras' sign is particularly large at this outlet.

I believe that it was ar least 8 months ago that Pinkberry leased the former Cafe Chapeau space. It's been a grueling wait, and I don't know why the hell they took so long to open. But now I need only walk six blocks for my acidophilus fix, and this, my friends, is good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There goes the neighborhood. As if it wasn't already hard enough to find a parking spot on Larchmont. Now we'll have to deal with Crackberry addicts begging all over the sidewalk for enough change to get one more "fix." (And that's a lot of spare change -- PB ain't cheap!) Pinkberry may be the best of the new-school yogurt joints, but it can't hold a candle to the original mix-in style (e.g., Humphrey Yogart). Don't believe the hype!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I still have a fan or two, but I haven't seen you in a very long time, Mr. Dab, since you've been going to PB with some amount of frequency, I'm told. Things are never so bad they can't be made worse...by a turncoat such as yourself.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home