Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, November 9

DJ Dabble: Running, running, running, and more running up that hill...

 

Who knew there were so many covers of this song? I didn't even know there was one until the Placebo track was prominently used in a maudlin montage in the OC's terribly trashy season opener. And, knowing my taste in music, you will understand why the OC soundtrack sent me searching in the iTunes Music Store...

But where is the Kate Bush version (which I think is the original...unless it's Kiki and Herb)? Has she not given permission to iTunes to distribute her music? In fact, the bulk of her library is indeed on iTunes, with this particularl track noticeably missing. Hopefully these 11 covers will fill that glaring omission.

And, no, I can not send you a burned CD of these songs since there is no way I'm paying for eleven versions of the ditty. This one, you'll have to buy for yourself. But at the very least, click on this link and go to iTunes, then listen to the 30 second samples of each song. Pretty funny, I think.

1.Running Up That Hill, Placebo
2. Running Up That Hill, Kate Bush Tribute
(sung by a Kate Bush sound-alike)
3. Running Up That Hill, Icon and the Black Roses
4. Running Up That Hill , Faith And The Muse

5. Running Up That Hill, Danielle French

6. Running Up That Hill, The Lund Clements Churchill Trio
7. Running Up That Hill, Thee Heavenly Music Association

8. Running Up That Hill, Jenna Myles

9. Running Up That Hill, Kiki & Herb
10. Running Up That Hill , Karaoke (I believe this is all instrumental, and you provide the lyrics)

11. Running Up that Hill (A Deal With God), Dave Rummans (nice job adding the parenthetical to the title, Dave)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home