Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 30

Has Jonathan Gold read my Pinkberry posts?

 

From the yogurt trenches, the Dabbler reports:

The latest issue of LA Weekly features an article by Jonathan Gold, resident food critic extraordinaire, where he discusses the proliferation of Pinkberry and its many copycats. While I love that he references fellow Food/Pinkberry-blogger Colleen Cuisine (although not in completely flattering terms, tsk tsk Mr. Gold), his overall content made me wonder whether he had clicked a link or two on Rosie's website and read my article on how to open your own Pinkberry-style yogurt shop.

I'm NOT accusing Mr. Gold of plagarism -- he is one of my LA food heroes and will remain that way. However, his references to the Taylor machines used in all the yogurt shops, the cheapness of kiwiberri's aesthetic, and the Design Within Reach availability of yogurt-store furnishings are all right there in my little how-to primer, published weeks before LA Weekly's article appeared (September 15th vs. October 25th).

Hence, I will take it as a badge of honor that Jonathan Gold MIGHT have actually visited my site...though, it begs the question, why do people only read my blog when I talk about Pinkberry? Aren't you interested in cheap wine, Los Angeles culture, my television viewing habits or bad music? I realize Mr. Gold is a food critic, but the rest of you?...

Coming soon, an article on the latest La Brea/Melrose Pinkberry copycat. I won't ruin the surprise, but it involves a secret menu that includes pork products. Hopefully the promise of another Pinkberry-centric piece is enough to entice you to SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG since I know from my obsessive tracking of Google Analytics that my numbers spike high at the mention of tart yogurt.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dabbler said...

My language-obsessed husband has pointed out that I've misused the term 'beg the question' so my apologies to all of you who care about such things. I'm just a commoner, what can I say?

Monday, October 30, 2006 8:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't pick up on the misuse of language. Oh no. . .but, lesser icons than Mr. Gold have lost their positions for "borrowing" from others and forgetting the attribution. (Or is it only plagerism when you borrow from one source, and research when you borrow from several?) He must have done research! Keep up the good postings.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home