Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, November 5

Pinkberry: secret menu alert and Larchmont update

 

Three quick Pinkberry tidbits...

First, I discovered that there is a topping available for the yogurt that isn't in the display case, but is kept below in a refrigerated compartment. It's mochi (or some refer to it as 'rice cake'), and the gelatinous neutrally flavored chewy squares add a absolutely delectable texture to the whole yogurt-eating experience. Try it!

Next, the pink plywood is finally gone from the Pinkberry Larchmont location. In its place, a glass storefront and a floor of tiny shallacked pebbles (still a really stupid material choice considering all the foodstuff can get stuck in the nooks and crannies). I'm guessing that the store will be open around Thanksgiving or just after.

Finally, I have been to the Pinkberry location next to M Cafe several times now, all at different times of the day. I can safely say, given the steady stream of customers each and every time I've frequented the place, that Pinkberry is making a killing. They easily serve 100 customers an hour (yesterday they served more than 30 in the 15 minutes I was there), and probably even more during rush hours. At an average of $5.00 per serving (most opt for the cost effective 3-topping medium), 100 servings per hour, 10 hours a day, seven days a week...well, you do the math. Pretty unbelievable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you work for Pinkberry or something? Is this a Pinkberry blog? I think, my dear Dabbler, that you have developed somewhat of a Pinkberry obsession.

Monday, November 06, 2006 4:40:00 AM  
Blogger The Dabbler said...

no, I don't work for Pinkberry but I guess you could conider me a lobbyist on behalf of all 'yogurt that tastes like yogurt' endeavors.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home