Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, September 20

The Ivy Pinkerton Files: The Return of Ivy!

 

From New York, Ivy reports:

I’ve been on hiatus. I thought I had come down with a rare summer depression but then pinpointed the cause of my posting inactivity to
this. Dear readers, you will remember Rochas as being a source of inspiration to me, and now, I have found myself floating, uninspired, amongst a tedious crop of tired 80s leggings, layering, and chunky tops instead. Ho hum.

Until I saw these. And these. In this season of design regurgitation, the chunky, funkified space-age shoe from Balanciaga or Marc Jacobs makes my heart pitter patter! It calls to mind the best of the 80s, which means innovation, such as vintage Comme des Garcons. And I feel like I can now applaud the return of the inverted 80’s triangle silhouette (skinny bottom, big top) as long as it sits atop this inventive, modern, badass pedestal.

--IP

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dabbler said...

First off, these look like punk versions of Robert Clergerie shoes that have been in production for the last five years at least.

Second, how would a pregnant lady walk in such shoes (nb, the Dabbler is NOT pregnant, but knows fashionable folks who are)? Does Easy Spirit make something similar with a comfy padded insole?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

those shoes scare the living daylights out of me.

Ivy, congrats are in order. Love from your cousins in MA.

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dabbler, you can wear Easy Spirit shoes if you choose, but I can't commend that behavior. All you need is a little calf exercises and some balance ball training and you'll be walking on stilts like the best of them!

Sharon S, thanks a bundle for the congrats. These shoes aren't for everyone. But fashion that scares is better than fashion that bores!

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home