Diary of a Dilettante

Just in case you cared, here's a place where you can find out a little bit about everything that I know a little bit about.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I'm all over the place. Get it?

Add to Google

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, September 11

Wine of the Week: Second Label Alert! DuMol Pinot Noir Bargain...

 

I was recently in Sonoma, and I found out about a supposedly great second label Pinot Noir from DuMol, available at only a few restaurants and one retailer, the Wine Shop in Healdsburg. I can't say who told me so or even verify the information as I was sworn to secrecy (see how good I am at that?).

But if anybody wants to try a Russian River Valley Pinot from a top notch producer and pay less than half the cost of the first label's price point, then check out the '04 Maranet Pinot Noir. I have yet to taste it, but I can't wait to open up my $30 bottle and see how it drinks.

To order, call the Wine Shop in Healdsburg at 707-433-8333. More recommendations to come soon from my Sonoma travels.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if it is really awful? I thought you typically tasted before you typed, Dabbler. Drink up and report back.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger The Dabbler said...

There might be a bottle already on its way to you to try. I do taste before I try for the most part. But on occasion, when I am tipped off to a low production item that might be hard to get, I like to pass on the info to others so nobody misses out on a potential gem.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think it will keep until March 2007? Can't wait!

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home